Join Our Worker Cooperative!
We are always on the lookout for new worker-owners and accept applications on a rolling basis. This is a unique opportunity to become a worker-owner of a new cooperatively-run business. We are doing things very differently from how restaurants are typically run, so we’re looking for folks who are excited to work together to build a thriving business with strong collaboration and communication.
We are happy to work with enthusiastic folks who need training in some areas. However, applicants should have at least two of the following qualifications:
- Experience or strong interest in worker cooperatives or other democratically-run entities
- Experience cooking South or Southeast Asian food (commercially or practiced home cook)
- Two years or more of restaurant or other commercial kitchen experience
- Two years or more of customer service experience
To reiterate, we do NOT expect folks to meet all four qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you meet two of four.
- Intention to remain a worker-owner for a minimum of 2 years
- Flexible schedule; ability to work a minimum of 32 hours/week
- Multnomah County Food Handlers card + OLCC server permit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Participation in monthly meetings
New workers start on a trial basis before becoming worker-owners.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Otherwise, please email MirisataPDX@gmail.com with a short note explaining your interest (in the body of the email), resume (attached as a PDF), and three references (can be former co-workers, not necessarily bosses).